4 Tips for Saving Energy in the U.S. This Summer
Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for fresh air and your energy bill is usually at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your furnace or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy costs down.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in newer AC systems is a definite plus in keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to efficiently use your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the lower your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can do a few other methods to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Consider Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save money. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy costs down. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the right product for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the coldest time of the year in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more important than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision affects your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using less energy. Regular inspections also make your system less... Continue reading