4 Tips for Saving Energy in North America This Summer
Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heat or air.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in North America and keeping payments down.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving options in modern cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your energy bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the best solution for your house. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*