Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for fresh air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in North America and keeping payments down.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy expenses low.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving options in newer cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can do a couple other methods to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also change the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 866-397-3787 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right solution for your house. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.