Booking routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning equipment in North America operating at its best performance while keeping energy needs small. It also may even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a couple tasks you can do on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large amount of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temps near, it’s also a good idea to include AC upkeep on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your AC equipment freshened and examined. Hesitating to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be a gamble. If you need service or replacement, you could be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that may become very uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a freshened AC system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC maintenance might be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Alone?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your air conditioner system in the top order:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and might decrease your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very crucial if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn upkeep around the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your equipment, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 866-397-3787, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts start the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving components working like they should and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleaning the exterior coil to remove any blockage from dirt and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your unit is turning on, running and shutting down correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that require further action, we are prepared to offer you the most reasonable solution. Locating possible problems early can solve larger troubles later on. This also offers you time to save if your unit is getting older.
When you need a new AC system, our Experts will work with you to select the right solution for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to book your checkup? Give us a call at 866-397-3787 or schedule an appointment online now.