No matter what the season outside in North America, the temperature in your home dictates how comfortable it will feel. Set it just right and your space will be a comfortable escape from everything. But if your HVAC system isn’t operating correctly, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be fun.
Take time for a detailed look at the way you’re using your HVAC equipment. It might make the difference between a strong system or a poor performer. Try this quick quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to see how you stack up.
- Summer is almost here in North America. How do you get your system ready?
- Change out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting an event on a hot night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What do you do?
- Ask my attendees to bring icy beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it functioning before anyone arrives.
- Start my fans and pray for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Allow my contractor to choose and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and expenses by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the fanciest system available in North America.
- When you get your next monthly energy bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will cost more. My heating and cooling charges have increased quite a bit.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your HVAC system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Grab my toolbox and use a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Call a qualified technician to take a look.
- Block it out and hope it stops.
Now add up your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your equipment and you have a plan for the future. But if you answered any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Keep reading to learn how.
New HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Set Up Yearly Maintenance While switching out your air filter and cleaning your vents are essential tasks to help out your system for a season change, a professional maintenance appointment is critical to conclude the process. During a routine visit, your pro technician will manage a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re there, your HVAC service pro will keep an eye out for more severe issues for your home. That could save you an expensive breakdown in the future.
Select an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained home comfort systems can have problems sometimes. And it always seems to hit at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that crucial service to homes at no added cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system transition. Well-maintained heating and cooling systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Create an idea of what you want now to escape last-minute pressure when your system takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and take note when they greatly change. Your power bills can tell you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re observing a regular escalation in your expenses but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely going on with your HVAC. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Call a professional when you notice an odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It indicates something is amiss with your system. Even if it’s a seemingly small issue, left without a repair it could make for a costly repair down the road. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you big when you don’t manage it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, additional costs and irritation. And if your HVAC just isn’t keeping up anymore, think about selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!