No matter what the weather outside in North America, the temperature inside your house dictates how comfortable you will feel. Find the right temp and your space will be a nice escape from everything. But if your climate control system isn’t operating correctly, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be fun.
Get ready for a detailed look at the way you’re using your HVAC equipment. It might make the difference between a steady system or a poor performer. Take this short quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to see how you stack up.
- Summer is almost here in North America. How do you get your system ready?
- Change out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the professionals for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting an event on a hot night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What do you do?
- Advise my attendees to bring icy beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it working before the party starts.
- Start my fans and pray for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What’s your plan when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Allow my contractor to select one and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and charges by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the fanciest system available in North America.
- When you receive your next monthly energy bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will cost more. My home comfort costs have increased quite a bit.
- It will be comparable to the charges for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your HVAC system is making a weird noise. What do you do first?
- Grab my toolbox and use a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call a professional technician to take a look.
- Block it out and hope it stops.
Now add up your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your equipment and you made a plan for the future. But if you replied to any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make a couple of changes to help your HVAC perform better. Keep reading to learn how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Book Yearly Maintenance While switching out your air filter and cleaning your vents are useful tasks to help out your system for a new season, a professional maintenance appointment is necessary to conclude the process. During a routine visit, your pro technician will manage a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re there, your HVAC service pro will keep an eye out for more urgent issues for your home. That could save you an expensive breakdown in the future.
Find a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained HVAC systems can have trouble sometimes. And it always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that crucial service to homes at no added cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system transition. Many heating and cooling systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to escape last-minute pressure when your system takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It gives you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front charges. Even better, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and don’t ignore it when they greatly change. Your utility bills can tell you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re observing a regular escalation in your expenses but no change in home comfort, something is definitely going on with your HVAC. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Call a professional when you notice a strange noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It indicates something is amiss with your system. Even if it’s a relatively small problem, left without a repair it could make for a high-priced repair later on. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to figure out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you big when you don’t manage it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, additional costs and disappointment. And if your HVAC just isn’t helping anymore, consider installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!