There are a lot of gases that could be within your North America home. Natural gas and gases that derive from home fixtures, carpeting and paints. Not one of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 866-397-3787 right away to start protecting your loved ones against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you cannot observe it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in small concentrations and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Fatal in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of used fuel. It can creep into your residence during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how big the leak is and the circulation in a house, it may become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once breathed in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling pure air, you will need five hours to take it out of your bloodstream. You will need another five hours to decrease that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Resemble Other Illnesses
It could also cause conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Defend Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three ways you can complete to keep your family safe:
- Every house with at least one fuel-burning furnace, adjoined garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. It’s necessary to have a sensor on each level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your home?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 866-397-3787 to buy one. Ask our technicians about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
- If you presently use a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly look at or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every three months, and replace the system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor alerts you to danger, get out of your home right away and dial 911.
Protect Your Family with Support from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your home can be guarded from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 866-397-3787 to learn more.