How to Select the Best Air Conditioner for Your House
Building a new house? Upgrading your current equipment? Regardless of why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you might quickly learn you have more possibilities than you first thought. Follow this info to help you weigh four different kinds so you can select the best air conditioner in the U.S..
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people bring to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the total home. Central air conditioning moves air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your home is in an area with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, as opposed to a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t use (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet remains at an even 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump draws on this continuous supply of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be ideal for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your house for the buried loops.
This is an additional kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This may be good for you if:
- Your house, or a new expansion to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling separate spaces.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your house.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for everything air conditioning! We can go over your options and help you select the ideal one for your needs. Please contact us estimate now.
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the coldest time of the year in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more important than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision affects your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using less energy. Regular inspections also make your system less... Continue reading