Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, as well as the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any major immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your home comfier and decreasing your ongoing utility expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even be authorized for a discount because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 866-397-3787 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.