Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in North America, you could be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, as well as the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the right recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any major imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your home comfier and reducing your ongoing heating and cooling expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced at once. And you may even be authorized for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your entire system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 866-397-3787 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.