If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak could include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are concerned they are related to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in most cases the homeowner is on the hook. Luck for you, the professionals at Service Experts are highly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done correctly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a ton of things to get done around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all North America codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to take on a host of gas line projects in the North America community, so no job is too much for our team.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are headed your way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have an odor and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Invest in and utilize an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks promptly.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.