According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The average cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to avoid sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in North America don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and aptitude to handle everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or become congested, make sure to contact us at 866-397-3787
as soon as you notice a problem to evade as much, potentially expensive, destruction to your living space and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are throwing away waste correctly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will cause a buildup in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Service Experts to check for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Service Experts today at 866-397-3787
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.