Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in North America
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s draining correctly so your North America basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can cease running for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, get in touch with the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to fix the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease working for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to make sure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Verify the pump is vertical and not leaning to one side, since this can lead the pump to not run when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, drop a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and removes the water rapidly.
- During drought-like weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of insurance to defend your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to ensure yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 866-397-3787 or request an appointment online.