There's an Expert for that.
A four-year college or trade school, and some hefty student loans, is one option. But what if there was a better way? Jumpstart your future without the student loans and get paid while your learn. Welcome to the Service Experts Career Academy.
What is the Service Experts Career Academy?
Service Experts Career Academy, or SECA, is our in-house apprenticeship program designed to build highly skilled workers in our company. We’re looking for people with a great attitude, some aptitude, and a strong desire to have a career and not just a job. Once accepted, you’ll attend free classes with hands-on training and get on-the-job experience, complete with pay.
What is expected of apprentices?
Apprentices are expected to be inquisitive and ask questions when they don’t understand something. They are also expected to:
- Attend classroom training
- Assist within the relevant department and learn about other aspects of the company
- Carefully observe health and safety procedures
- Work positively with instructor feedback
- Complete the daily work process form
- Have an interest in developing interpersonal skills
What are the requirements?
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to stand, walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units or plumbing.
- Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of conditions, including but not limited to heat, cold, the outdoors, indoors, dryness, humidity, slippery surfaces, heights, and confined spaces.
- Ability to safely climb while carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
We’re invested in your success.
Service Experts offers a comprehensive employment package designed to support you and your family. Here’s a summary of the pay and benefits available to you as a valued Service Experts Career Academy Student.
Compensation and Career Potential Include:
- A competitive pay program that includes incentive pay opportunities for most.
- Guaranteed pay increases as you progress through the stages of your apprenticeship.
- A tool kit that becomes yours when you complete the program ($1000.00 value).
- Career development opportunities with a progress promotion from within the program.
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays Pay.
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions.
- Life Insurance for you and options you can elect for your family.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance options that protect you and your family if you’re unable to work.
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: legal advice, pet insurance and health advocacy programs.
- World class training opportunities through our Experts University.
- Career development opportunities.
The Experts always do what’s right.
We treat everyone fairly and with respect. Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.