When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it could still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you might first opt for continuing the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets pricey almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also provide healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to make the most of the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your faucets, furnishing you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main soon after severe storms. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant also adds harmful chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to scale back water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.