Your HVAC equipment is essential to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you had a way to ensure a constant source of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to request tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about setting up furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling often develop little by little. When a technician examines the internal components each year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of small problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of an unexpected breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is running safely.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they demand once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often anticipate same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the fastest installs available, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance lowers the need for repair service, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are occasionally necessary, but they can get expensive fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you unhappy, our technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and contact our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before enrolling. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.