The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your HVAC system is the key to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these functions for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure an uninterrupted supply of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should consider signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your home comfort system tend to develop slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and fix small problems before they become big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that eliminates the need for most major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Boost home comfort: When your home comfort system operates the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more comfortable humidity in every room.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit offers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working as intended.
- Protect your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, your technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office today.
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the coldest time of the year in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not just about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more important than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision affects your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using less energy. Regular inspections also make your system less... Continue reading