It’s frosty outside. Much of the country is layering up for some icy temps. And while the Experts are always eager to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.